Here is a report I found from Advertising Age related to SEO and search marketing. The report came
out in November, 2007, but the information is useful nonetheless.
Some interesting findings from the report:
- Search Marketing Click Through Rate (CTR) = 11.5 percent in 2007.
- Google accounts for 56.5 % of U.S. searches, compared to 23.3% for Yahoo!.
- Google search share up 9.9% (YOY)
- Yahoo! search share down 6.5% (YOY)
- The percentage breakdown of the number of Words per Successful Search Phrase:
1 word 21.68%
2 words 25.00%
3 words 22.03%
4 words 14.33%
- There are 31.1 million mobile Internet users, 75 percent of whom use mobile search as well (23.3 million).
- 22% of all mobile phone users use mobile search.